Sunday, April 26, 2015

Lord Provost completes London Marathon

Lord Provost completes London Marathon



Lord Provost after completing the marathonLord Provost Donald Wilson finished the London Marathon in five hours and raised over £6,000 for local causes.
A relaxed Lord Provost after completing the marathon
This was his very first marathon having only taken up running last year. He completed the 26 miles in five hours two minutes and 50 seconds and raised money for the following causes:
  • The One City Trust Rapid Action Fund is the Lord Provost’s local charity and aims to fight inequality. It supports a variety of community-based charities and organisations by providing emergency funds and resources, and has helped a host of causes from breakfast clubs to foodbanks, and social clubs for elderly residents.
  • The Jamie Skinner Foundation will help provide defibrillators in Edinburgh communities and training in their use.

He said: "I did it! What a fantastic day and I’m so thankful for all of the support. I think I’m Edinburgh’s first Provost to complete a marathon and I am proud that I’ve managed to raise so much money for local charities. It was certainly a challenge but one I worked hard to achieve.

"It was never about completing the marathon in a set time -  I just wanted to reach the finishing line! But in the end, with the adrenaline flowing, I managed it in my best time yet. It has been absolutely worth it but I am now looking forward to putting my feet up!”

You can still sponsor Donald via this link ;-)


No comments: